These last couple of weeks have been pretty busy for my short film production (thanks to Visual Culture, a bit of lazyness and an error in my character design T_T).
By the way, right now I’m working on the male and female character designs (I need to print out a couple puppets for an exhibition in the next 3 days…). Once the characters will be finished I’ll start to design the theatre (photoshop + after effects) and the audience (just on photoshop).
One thing I’m really proud is that after 6 days of hard work I’m finally confident with Anime Studio Pro, the software I’ll use to animate my film. I’ve understood how to properly rig my character and how to switch between the different body parts/view. Also the boiling line for the faces/hands is not a problem anymore (but I’m still not sure if I’ll use it) ^^
I’ve also planned how to match the AE 3D theatre with the scenes animated in Anime Studio.
The only thing I’m still not sure, and I hope to check enter next week, is how the overall style will work once every element is put together. The thing is that the characters will have cut out bodies and hand drawn heads and hands. On the other hand, the theatre and the audience will be completely cut out. In my mind the audience should be done using Durer’s images of royals and clergymen in a Monthy Pyton like style, really mechanic. I hope this contrast between cut out and hand drawn will work as I imagine.
A proof of concept will be posted as soon as possible.
Next week I’ll be in Viborg (Denmark) for my third ASF workshop. Fortunately I’ve got time on my day schedule to work on this project.
Soon I’ll post new info ^^
I’ve updated my C.V. with my newest entries.
Download it HERE if you are interested, or form the link on the right side of this page ^^